In Spurscast Episode #664, host Paul Garcia discusses the Spurs offseason roster within the breaks down the crew’s 2022 schedule.
What Does the Spurs Offseason Roster Look Like Proper Now?
San Antonio presently has 18 gamers on the roster as soon as Alize Johnson indicators his non-guaranteed deal. The Spurs signed Gorgui Dieng to a completely assured minimal deal they usually additionally not too long ago signed Jordan Corridor to their open two-way roster spot.
The crew can nonetheless add as much as two extra gamers to the roster earlier than coaching camp and the preseason. Earlier than the common season begins on October 19, nonetheless, the crew must waive not less than one participant.
There has additionally been some adjustments on Head Coach Gregg Popovich’s bench, with assistant coach Chip Engelland transferring to the Oklahoma Metropolis Thunder and Brett Brown returning as an assistant coach.
Concerning the Spurs’ cap house, the crew can nonetheless open wherever from $23 million to $35 million for this coming season. That is one thing to observe within the occasion they develop into a 3rd crew in a commerce the place a veteran participant’s contract must be moved for future draft picks or younger gamers.
2022 Spurs Schedule Breakdown
Within the episode, listed below are a few of the highlights from the schedule which can be mentioned:
- Preseason takes place from October 2 to October 13.
- The common season begins October 19 and ends April 9.
- First 15 video games could present the kind of crew the Spurs may have this season.
- Early 5-game highway journey in mid-November.
- 9-game rodeo highway journey.
- Return dates for Dejounte Murray, Lonnie Walker IV, and Derrick White.
- Projected to have the most tough schedule within the NBA this season.